Since 2008, Trailnet’s Active Living Awards have celebrated individuals, nonprofits, municipalities, and businesses that lead in fostering healthy, active living in the St. Louis region. Awards are given in a variety of categories; click here to see see a list of past awardees.
If you would like to nominate an individual or organization for a 2015 award, complete the form at the bottom of this page and submit electronically. All nominations must be submitted by July 10, 2015. For more information, contact Kay Barnes at email@example.com.
2014 ALA Recipient
After fourteen years at Trailnet, eight of them as executive director, Ann Mack announced her resignation to pursue a business venture with her husband. Trailnet honored Ann as its only 2014 Active Living Awardee at the Ped-a-Palooza event on October 17, 2014. Trailnet presented Ann with an award in a special category – “Spirit of Trailnet.” The presentation provided a bittersweet opportunity to bid farewell to a dynamic leader while honoring her outstanding service to the organization.
Trailnet applauded Ann for these accomplishments during her tenure:
- A strategic shift for Trailnet from trail-building and capital projects to the current focus on policy, planning, and programming
- Increasing the number of staff to twenty-one, including transportation planners, design and communication experts, advocacy specialists, bike and youth program educators and, of course, bicycle event planners
- Receipt of federal funding to develop bike/pedestrian master plans for twenty-nine local communities
- Spearheading a successful re-location campaign to the current downtown office at 411 North Tenth Street, co-locating with St. Louis’ Downtown Bicycle Station
- Establishing Trailnet’s leadership role in opposing the proposed South County Connector, and providing necessary technical assistance for Complete Streets in St. Louis City and St. Louis County that created increased public awareness of and accommodations for non-motorized traffic