Who would make a good Walk/Bike Ambassador?
Any adult who is outgoing, organized, and a good communicator with a passion for walking and/or biking should fill out an application.
How much time would I need to devote to Ambassador activities?
Walk/Bike Ambassador activities would range from 5-10 hours per month.
What else would be expected of me?
- Participate in a one-day training
- Attend quarterly Walk/Bike Ambassador coordination meetings
- Develop productive relationships (neighborhood groups, elected officials, and supportive individuals) in your assigned territory
- Provide information about Trailnet and advocacy campaigns at community meetings and events, and through neighborhood-based websites
- Encourage walking and biking fitness activities
- Identify street-level safety issues for walkers or bikers
Would my “assigned territory” include my neighborhood?
Ambassadors in the city of St. Louis may be assigned to several neighborhoods. Ambassadors in St. Louis County or Metro East, would be assigned to their city of residence.
Will I receive any benefits?
Benefits may include:
- Expanding your horizons
- Developing useful skills
- Bringing positive change to your community
- Free Trailnet swag and events
- New relationships with cool people
- Stipend (a limited number will be offered)