- This event has passed.
2020 Bottleneck Bridge Ride
August 15, 2020 - September 13, 2020
The Jefferson County Growth Association in Partnership with Trailnet is hosting our 5th annual Bottleneck Bridge Ride for four weeks beginning on August 15, 2020. The Bottleneck Bridge Ride presented by the Festus Tourism Commission will take you on a scenic tour of Jefferson County.
The ride will touch the streets of Festus, Crystal City, Herculaneum, Hillsboro, Pevely and De Soto. The routes feature stops at Jefferson County’s local wineries and restaurants. They include Villa Antonio Winery, Wild Sun Winery, LaChance Vineyards, DeSoto Farmers Market, and The Russell House Restaurant and Inn. Also, don’t miss the historic Sandy Creek Covered Bridge State Historic Site.
New format for 2020
In order to do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19, we have adapted the usual one-day in-person event into a month-long DIY format. You can sign up for the event any time between August 15th and September 13th. Once you register you’ll be given links to GPS turn-by-turn directions to all of the routes. Ride them anytime and as many times as you want. It’s your adventure!
The weekly “Bottle Challenges” will give anyone who has ridden any of the routes during that week the opportunity to win some awesome prizes from our sponsors.
At the end of the month, we will pick a winner for the “Big Bottle Challenge” award. This award will be raffled to a participant who has completed ALL of the routes over the course of the event.
Weekly Bottle Challenges:
- Selfie challenge (8/15 – 8/21)- Take a selfie of you and your friends at any of the locations listed below**, tag your friends, tag the location and hashtag #BottleneckBridgeRide #OneHillOfARide
- “Crystal Heights Road” Strava Challenge (8/22 – 8/28) – The fastest KOM and QOM times up the climb will win a gift from Villa Antonio Winery
- “Great Wall of Pratt” Climb Strava Challenge (8/29 – 9/4) -The fastest KOM and QOM times up the climb will win a gift from La Chance Vineyards Winery
- Selfie Challange (9/5 – 9/13) – Take a selfie of you and your friends at any of the locations listed below**, tag your friends, tag the location and hashtag #BottleneckBridgeRide #OneHillOfARide
- Big Bottle Challenge – Complete all three routes to be eligible for the “Big Bottle Challenge” grand prize raffle!
**Selfie Locations: Main and Mill Brewery – Villa Antonio Winery – La Chance Vineyards Winery – Sandy Creek Covered Bridge
Member: $15 | Non-Member: $20
Mileage: 33, 41, 66 | Terrain: Rolling to very hilly on longer routes
GPS routes and printed cue sheets will be available in your registration confirmation email once you register.