2020 I Scream for Ice Cream Ride
July 3 - July 31
July is National Ice Cream Month and there’s no better way to celebrate than with a bike ride on the Madison County Transit trails in beautiful Edwardsville, IL.
To make up for the fact that we won’t be able to see your smiling faces in person we have beefed up our goodie bags this year! Like surprises? Want to own a little bit of Trailnet Rides history? We’re throwing in a free “mystery shirt” with each registration ($20 value).
The annual “I Scream for Ice Cream” Ride will look a little different in 2020. In order to follow CDC and local health department guidelines as well as MCT’s trail restrictions, we are unable to host a large in-person event. We will do our best to assure that the ride is just as fun and exciting as in years past.
The “new normal” format for 2020:
- Registration will only be available online.
- Routes – Printed route cue sheets will be in each goodie bag. GPS versions of the routes will be included in your registration confirmation email.
- This is a DIY event that gives you the opportunity to do the ride whenever you’d like.
- Each registrant will receive one goody bag which will include a coupon for Annie’s Frozen Custard, a “mystery shirt” and literal handfuls of other fun bike swag.
- The goodie bags may be picked up from The Cyclery’s Edwardsville location during normal business hours for the entire month of July. For your safety and the safety of the Cyclery’s staff please wear a mask when picking up your goody bag.
** Please note: Some changes have been made to our in-person events and rides.
Day-of Registration and Check-In: There will be no in-person registration or check-in. Event packets may be picked up at The Cyclery at your convenience. Check their website before you pick up your packet as their hours may change.
Online Registration Only: Member: $9 | Non-member: $12
Mileage: 7, 13, 35 | Terrain: Mostly flat with some hills
GPS and Cue Sheets: A link to the GPS files can be found in your registration confirmation email. Printed cue sheets for all routes will be included in the goodie bags.
This page and the event page on Facebook will be changed if any cancellation or postponement notices are made.
Thank you for your patience, support, and understanding.