- This event has passed.
2020 Juneteenth Celebration Community Ride
June 20 - July 25
Join Trailnet, the Missouri Historical Society, 4theVille, Black Girls do Bike, and GirlTrek for a leisurely, social bike ride celebrating Juneteenth! This is the third annual Juneteenth ride and this year’s tour focuses on the city’s rich history of African American musicians who shaped our national sound. The ride includes stops at historic sites and musicians paying tribute to our continuing music traditions.
Juneteenth commemorates the end of human slavery in the United States.
In order to preserve the health and safety of our partners and participants, this year’s Juneteenth group ride will not take place in standard fashion. Instead of the traditional group ride event, it will be a scavenger hunt that you can complete on your own!
The concept is simple. We build the scavenger hunt, you download the free app and join the game. The map and clues will direct you to the points of interest and offer information about the history and significance of that location. Please watch this quick video tutorial on how to get set up.
It’s no substitute for an actual group ride, but it still allows us to bring the history of our community to you and your bike. And there’s a bonus: You can ride, walk, roller skate or cartwheel the route! It’s up to you. Just have fun.
Terrain: City streets
Mileage: 10-12 miles
Price: Members: Free | Non-members: $10 online
What tools do I need to participate?
- Smartphone or Tablet
- TurfHunt app (android & IOS)
- Recommended: Portable charger, water, snack, handlebar mount for your phone
How does it work?
- Download TurfHunt for Android or IOS – It’s free!
- Open it up and tap “Redeem Invitation” at the bottom of your screen
- Enter the 6-digit invitation code, then press “redeem.”
- Note: Invitation code is available after registration.
- “Join Game” on the next page, then “Start Game” after it downloads the game content.
- Enter your name and email in the prompt, then tap “OK”
- Wait for “Start Game” to appear at the bottom of the screen (sometime this takes a second), then tap it. You’re in!
How do I play the game?
- Travel to each “?” pin on the TurfHunt map. Once you are close to the “treasure”, it will open it up.
- Continue to unlock “treasures” and travel to the next by navigating your way through the course as you see fit.
- Once you’ve found all the “treasures” you’ll receive a game over message.
- There’s no time limit, and no extra points for going fast. Take your time!
- The game will go offline at 9 pm, July 25.
DISCLAIMER: Trailnet believes that it is important to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, especially amidst the current health crisis. Exercise has been deemed an essential activity under current stay at home rules, so if you do go for a ride please be safe in all that you do. Practice social distancing guidelines, don’t bike in groups other than immediate family, carry hand sanitizer, follow CDC mask recommendations, and do anything else that ensures your health and the well-being of others. Also, we ask that you please follow park and greenway rules as they adjust to the ever-changing situation.