2021 Juneteenth Community Ride
March 12 - June 30
The annual Juneteenth Community Ride is back again! Like 2020, we’ll be focusing on the historical legacy of black St. Louisans and, in particular, their contributions to the arts and music worldwide. This year we’ll be offering a two-part community ride.
In-Person Event: On June 19th the Juneteenth Community Ride will take place in-person at limited capacity to keep you, us, and our partners safe as we continue to work toward a more COVID free community. The event will include much of the content from 2020’s ride with additional live performances from St. Louis artists along the way.
Semi-Virtual Event: For those who can’t come to the in-person event, worry not! The ride will still be available as a DIY semi-virtual experience through our scavenger hunt app TurfHunt. See below for more details on how to participate in this fun, DIY version of the ride.
Mileage: 10-12 miles
Terrain: City streets
Price: Members: Free | Non-members: $10 online
Registration Coming Soon
Semi-Virtual, TurfHunt Scavenger Hunt
The concept is simple. We build the scavenger hunt, you download the free app and join the game. The map and clues will direct you to the points of interest and offer information about the history and significance of that location. Please watch this quick video tutorial on how to get set up.
You can ride, walk, roller skate or cartwheel the route! It’s up to you. Just have fun.
What tools do I need to participate?
- Smartphone or Tablet
- TurfHunt app (android & IOS)
- Recommended: Portable charger, water, snack, handlebar mount for your phone
How does it work?
- Download TurfHunt for Android or IOS – It’s free!
- Open it up and tap “Redeem Invitation” at the bottom of your screen
- Enter the 6-digit invitation code, then press “redeem.”
- Note: Invitation code is available after registration.
- “Join Game” on the next page, then “Start Game” after it downloads the game content.
- Enter your name and email in the prompt, then tap “OK”
- Wait for “Start Game” to appear at the bottom of the screen (sometime this takes a second), then tap it. You’re in!
How do I play the game?
- Travel to each “?” pin on the TurfHunt map. Once you are close to the “treasure”, it will open it up.
- Continue to unlock “treasures” and travel to the next by navigating your way through the course as you see fit.
- Once you’ve found all the “treasures” you’ll receive a game over message.
- There’s no time limit, and no extra points for going fast. Take your time!