2021 Kirkwood Community Ride
April 1 - September 30
Discover the city of Kirkwood, one of our most bike and walk-friendly communities in the St. Louis region! The ride will take place in and around downtown Kirkwood and explores the architecture, historical sites, parks and trails that make the city a worthy place to spend a day on two wheels. This ride will come in two parts:
In-Person Event: The community ride will launch as an in-person event with limited attendance capacity. Riders can expect a guided bike tour at a leisurely pace.
Semi-Virtual Event: For those of you who can’t make it to the live event or prefer to do it on your own, the ride can also be done via our Scavenger Hunt platform called TurfHunt. See below for more details on how to participate in this fun, DIY version of the ride.
Mileage: 10-12 miles
Terrain: City streets, residential streets, trails
Price: Members: Free | Non-members: $10 online
Registration coming soon!
Semi-Virtual, TurfHunt Scavenger Hunt
The concept is simple. We build the scavenger hunt, you download the free app and join the game. The map and clues will direct you to the points of interest and offer information about the history and significance of that location. Please watch this quick video tutorial on how to get set up.
You can ride, walk, roller skate or cartwheel the route! It’s up to you. Just have fun.
What tools do I need to participate?
- Smartphone or Tablet
- TurfHunt app (android & IOS)
- Recommended: Portable charger, water, snack, handlebar mount for your phone
How does it work?
- Download TurfHunt for Android or IOS – It’s free!
- Open it up and tap “Redeem Invitation” at the bottom of your screen
- Enter the 6-digit invitation code, then press “redeem.”
- Note: Invitation code is available after registration.
- “Join Game” on the next page, then “Start Game” after it downloads the game content.
- Enter your name and email in the prompt, then tap “OK”
- Wait for “Start Game” to appear at the bottom of the screen (sometime this takes a second), then tap it. You’re in!
How do I play the game?
- Travel to each “?” pin on the TurfHunt map. Once you are close to the “treasure”, it will open it up.
- Continue to unlock “treasures” and travel to the next by navigating your way through the course as you see fit.
- Once you’ve found all the “treasures” you’ll receive a game over message.
- There’s no time limit, and no extra points for going fast. Take your time!