- This event has passed.
2020 Trailnet Scavenger Hunt #1
April 15 - April 19
To all explorers: be a part of Trailnet’s first scavenger hunt! Trailnet is looking for new ways to engage our fellow bicycle riders, so come and help us test this out. We’ve created a course in Forest Park to get you out and active and discovering paths you might not know about. You’ll meet Trailnet staff along the way, albeit virtually, as we share a bit about ourselves to reconnect with YOU, the people that keep Trailnet events alive. We ask that you take some mental notes along the way and fill out our survey at the end to let us know how it went. There might even be some actual treasure at the end…
What tools do I need to participate?
- Smartphone or Tablet
- TurfHunt app (android & IOS)
- Recommended: Portable charger, water, snack, handlebar mount for your phone
How does it work?
- Download TurfHunt for Android or IOS – It’s free!
- Open it up and tap “Redeem Invitation” at the bottom of your screen
- Enter the 6-digit invitation code: XNQNER, then press “redeem.” You can also scan the QR code in the event banner above.
- “Join Game” on the next page, then “Start Game” after it downloads the game content.
- Enter your name and email in the prompt, then tap “OK”
- Wait for “Start Game” to appear at the bottom of the screen (sometime this takes a second), then tap it. You’re in!
- Note: You can join the game before April 15, however you won’t be able to start playing until 8 am the morning of the 15th.
How do I play the game?
- Travel to each “?” pin on the TurfHunt map. Once you are close to the “treasure”, it will open it up and unlock the next one.
- Continue to unlock “treasures” and travel to the next by navigating your way through the course as you see fit.
- Once you’ve found all the “treasures” you’ll receive a game over message.
- There’s no time limit, and no extra points for going fast. Take your time!
- The game will go offline at 9 pm, April 19.
DISCLAIMER: Trailnet believes that it is important to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, especially amidst the current health crisis. Exercise has been deemed an essential activity under current stay at home rules, so if you do go for a ride please be safe in all that you do. Practice social distancing guidelines, don’t bike in groups other than immediate family, carry hand sanitizer, wear protective gear, and do anything else that ensures your health and the well-being of others. We don’t anticipate the closure of Forest Park, however we do ask that you please follow park rules as they may change in the coming days and weeks.