2020 Bike to Work Day Tribute Scavenger Hunt
May 15 - May 31
Though National Bike to Work Day has been postponed to a later date, Trailnet believes the show must go on. While some of us may have the privilege of working from home, many of our friends, neighbors and family members do not.
Those who have to get to work are still driving their cars, riding their bikes, walking, and taking public transportation. These people; whether they work in a grocery store, a hospital, or a kitchen; are working because they can’t afford not to. So, whether you are someone who has had the option to work from home or you’re a frontline worker amongst the myriad essential workplaces, let’s show our support for one another by celebrating National Bike to Work Day on the day it was meant to be.
This scavenger hunt will take you on a tour of workplaces and services that have remained in operation throughout the past months and will continue to do so into the uncertain future. Whether you’re still commuting, stopped commuting, or just need to get out on your bike for essential exercise; ride in gratitude, support, and solidarity of those who have been made most vulnerable. Each stop you tick off on the BTWD scavenger hunt shows your recognition of the effort and sacrifice of our essential workers.
What tools do I need to participate?
- Smartphone or Tablet
- TurfHunt app (android & IOS)
- Recommended: Portable charger, water, snack, handlebar mount for your phone
How does it work?
- Download TurfHunt for Android or IOS – It’s free!
- Open it up and tap “Redeem Invitation” at the bottom of your screen
- Enter the 6-digit invitation code, then press “redeem.”
- Note: Invitation code is available after registration.
- “Join Game” on the next page, then “Start Game” after it downloads the game content.
- Enter your name and email in the prompt, then tap “OK”
- Wait for “Start Game” to appear at the bottom of the screen (sometime this takes a second), then tap it. You’re in!
How do I play the game?
- Travel to each “?” pin on the TurfHunt map. Once you are close to the “treasure”, it will open it up.
- Continue to unlock “treasures” and travel to the next by navigating your way through the course as you see fit.
- Once you’ve found all the “treasures” you’ll receive a game over message.
- There’s no time limit, and no extra points for going fast. Take your time!
- The game will go offline at 9 pm, May 31.
DISCLAIMER: Trailnet believes that it is important to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, especially amidst the current health crisis. Exercise has been deemed an essential activity under current stay at home rules, so if you do go for a ride please be safe in all that you do. Practice social distancing guidelines, don’t bike in groups other than immediate family, carry hand sanitizer, follow CDC mask recommendations, and do anything else that ensures your health and the well-being of others. Also, we ask that you please follow park and greenway rules as they adjust to the ever-changing situation.
Bike Month events are supported by our partners at: