- This event has passed.
2020 Bike Month Challenge Scavenger Hunt
May 1 - May 31
May is National Bike Month, so come out and challenge yourself to another Trailnet Scavenger Hunt! We’ve upped the ante this time around with a month long event and over 40 hidden troves of bicycle related virtual content to test your knowledge on everything bike-y. You’ll discover why bikes are good for our health, the environment, the economy, and how they create connections beyond physical barriers to tackle issues that are at the core of who we are and how we relate to one another.
Complete the entire course! We’ll feature you in a Bike Month recap and you’ll eligible to win a new 2020 Trailnet t-shirt, Trailnet socks, and more.
Don’t forget to show us your love for Bike Month by using #trailnetchallenge while you’re out snappin’ photos of your adventures.
If you took part in our first Scavenger Hunt, this one will be a little different in that there is no single start location. You can start anywhere! Just tick off the stops as you ride around town throughout the month of May. Again, there are no extra points for going fast.
If you are part of a business group or organization that would like to have your very own Scavenger Hunt Team, contact Joe at email@example.com for more information.
What tools do I need to participate?
- Smartphone or Tablet
- TurfHunt app (android & IOS)
- Recommended: Portable charger, water, snack, handlebar mount for your phone
How does it work?
- Download TurfHunt for Android or IOS – It’s free!
- Open it up and tap “Redeem Invitation” at the bottom of your screen
- Enter the 6-digit invitation code, then press “redeem.”
- Note: Invitation code is available after registration.
- “Join Game” on the next page, then “Start Game” after it downloads the game content.
- Enter your name and email in the prompt, then tap “OK”
- Wait for “Start Game” to appear at the bottom of the screen (sometime this takes a second), then tap it. You’re in!
How do I play the game?
- Travel to each “?” pin on the TurfHunt map. Once you are close to the “treasure”, it will open it up.
- Continue to unlock “treasures” and travel to the next by navigating your way through the course as you see fit.
- Once you’ve found all the “treasures” you’ll receive a game over message.
- There’s no time limit, and no extra points for going fast. Take your time!
- The game will go offline at 9 pm, May 31.
DISCLAIMER: Trailnet believes that it is important to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, especially amidst the current health crisis. Exercise has been deemed an essential activity under current stay at home rules, so if you do go for a ride please be safe in all that you do. Practice social distancing guidelines, don’t bike in groups other than immediate family, carry hand sanitizer, follow CDC mask recommendations, and do anything else that ensures your health and the well-being of others. Also, we ask that you please follow park and greenway rules as they adjust to the ever-changing situation.
Bike Month events are supported by our partners at: