Love to bike around the neighborhood or local trails, but not sure how to start riding for transportation? Trailnet’s TravelGreen program promotes multi-modal travel and bike commuting and increased awareness of bicycling safety in the St. Louis region. Our education, built environment and policy work all help create a more livable St. Louis so those who are ready can shift gears toward a new and healthier commute on a regular basis. Listen to the stories of those who have begun to make the shift to a healthier commute. Contact Taylor March at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
How to Get Around Town
Shift Your Commute Challenge
Want to challenge yourself to a car-free commute? Check out our Shift Your Commute clubs in Strava and log your bicycling, walking, and transit trips to track your miles and calories burned through active transportation. Our clubs are ShiftYourCommute-Walk and ShiftYourCommute-Bike. Track your trips with the app to see how far you’ve gone car free and to be entered into our semi-annual challenges! For a guide to getting started with Strava, click here. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Public transportation can expand walking and biking trips to destinations throughout the region. Trailnet supports transit service providers and their partners’ efforts to increase the use of public transit by helping them accommodate and plan for pedestrians and bicyclists on their system.
- Where do I find MetroTransit fares, schedules, and maps?
- Where do I find Madison County Transit fares, schedules and maps?
- Which car do I get in with my bike on MetroLink trains?
- How do I load my bike on a MetroBus or MCT Bus rack?
Travel Green Events
- Arch Women empowers women to bike, walk and use public transit by addressing solutions to common barriers. Topics covered will include bike maintenance, safety, and personal grooming after a commute– and more!
Trailnet on Tap
- This speaker series brings local livability experts to neighborhood pubs to talk about all things biking. It brings the bicycling community together to network and discuss issues like winter gear, safety, bike laws, DIY accessories and more. Funded by the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ).
Breakfast for Bikers
- Join Traillnet and fellow bicyclists for free coffee and breakfast. Breakfast for Bikers fuels seasoned bike commuters and encourages new commuters to grab a friend and enjoy a treat before the workday. Register your ride at shiftyourcommute.com. Funded by Kaldi’s Coffee Roasters, Mississippi Mud Coffee Roasters, and Washington University in St. Louis.
Bike St. Louis & Travel Green News
[post-list category=”bike-stl-and-travel-green” numberposts=3 orderby=post_date order=DESC]