Host a Bike to Work Day Station
Celebrate the 60th anniversary of Bike to Work Day on Friday, May 20 by hosting a Refueling Station at your workplace. Join Trailnet in counting 500 cyclists throughout the STL area. We will help promote your station and your business!
How it works:
- Recruit co-workers to run the station with you.
- Decide what “fuel” you will provide. Beverage and food items may be purchased or donated by partner businesses.
- Fill out the online Refueling Station form. Trailnet will arrange for delivery of educational materials to be displayed at your station.
- Promote Bike to Work Day at your workplace through flyers, employee newsletters, email, and social media.
- If your workplace doesn’t have one already, create a team on ShiftYourCommute.com. Celebrate the benefits of biking throughout National Bike Month by logging your car-free miles (biking, walking and using public transit).
- Provide support and encouragement for your co-workers leading up to Bike to Work Day. Some ideas include:
- Route mapping – provide links or maps in your company newsletter featuring bike-friendly routes; if you are a regular bike commuter, list your favorite streets, shortcuts, and parks to ride through.
- Bike mentors – pair novice cyclists with experienced bike commuters who can accompany them on their first ride to work.
- Bike trains – identify meeting locations to “pick up” fellow bike commuters; designate an experienced commuter to lead the group from each spot, ending at your workplace’s refueling station.
- On Bike to Work Day, track the number of people who visit your station (don’t forget to count yourself and any colleagues who help run the station), and send your final tally to Taylor March at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 23.
- Thank your volunteers, pat yourselves on the back, and start thinking of ideas for next year. Share your success through your company’s social media, employee newsletter, and partners. Share the experience with Trailnet and send any photos or quotes to email@example.com.