WE WORK FOR BETTER STREETS
We advocate for better walking and biking for everyone. We uniquely occupy a place at the table to foster change at local, state, and federal levels.
Safety for everyone in the St. Louis region who uses our streets, sidewalks, and trails is at the heart of each Trailnet advocacy campaign. With the help of local communities, leaders in government, local businesses, and other advocates around the state, we aim to succeed in making our communities places that foster vibrant, active living.
We are building public and political will to support active transportation options that are affordable and provide access for everyone.
Our advocacy campaigns include:
- Serving on local and state government committees to promote multimodal transportation including bike/pedestrian projects.
- Educating the general public about the benefits of non-motorized transportation alternatives.
- Encouraging our constituents to support bike/pedestrian legislation.
- Educating motorists about pedestrian safety.
- Monitoring and updating the community on proposed walking and biking projects in the St. Louis region.
- Engaging community leaders that partner with Trailnet in advancing walking and biking in St. Louis with an emphasis on our new protected bikeways vision.
Learn more about the advocacy campaigns Trailnet is currently working on and campaign wins from years past:
Missouri Coalition for Responsible Transportation
*Please contact Taylor March at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about the Missouri Coalition for Responsible Transportation.