Request for Proposal: Consulting Services
Trailnet’s Chief Executive Officer, Ralph Pfremmer, is on the Steering Committee for the Route 66 Meramec River Bridge, stewarded by the Missouri State Parks Foundation. They are seeking proposals from Development Consultants wishing to partner with the committee to develop and recommend short and long-term strategies to reach their $10 million fundraising goal over the next eight years.
A nationally recognized landmark and one of the last Warren Truss designs in Missouri, the 84-year-old bridge was scheduled for demolition in early 2017 due to advanced deterioration. But thanks to a collaborative effort from local stakeholders, Missouri State Parks was recently able to accept ownership of the bridge and earn it a reprieve from the wrecking ball.
The opportunity now exists to renew the 1,008-foot-long bridge as a connection for people walking and biking in Route 66 State Park, where it is located. Additional funding is needed to save the structure and create a lasting cultural asset. The historically significant bridge, already an international attraction for Route 66 and architecture enthusiasts, could become a vital conduit for transforming the surrounding area. Revitalizing this bridge will:
- Restore a vital piece of history
- Promote healthy lifestyles
- Connect communities
- Enhance the State Park experience
- Encourage international tourism
- Catalyze future development
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The committee is soliciting proposals from firms or individuals experienced with the development of multi-faceted fundraising strategies with both local and global experience. Because Route 66 has a global appeal and many visitors are from other countries, the scope of the fundraising effort is likely to span far beyond the St. Louis region. The selected partner will work closely with the committee to identify target audiences, short and long term strategies and possible funding sources.
The selected consultant will lead a review of potential fundraising strategies such as giving clubs, annual fund, grants, events and major gifts solicitation. The review will result in a comprehensive structure for the committee to operate within as gifts are solicited.
The selected consultant may be asked to remain available to the committee for some time to assist with implementation of the selected strategies.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING PROPOSALS
Any contract awarded as a result of this solicitation of proposals will be awarded without discrimination on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Submission of Proposals
Please submit a PDF that contains the following information:
- A synopsis of qualifications of the firm, the primary contact and anticipated project lead stating his/her professional credentials. Please clearly state the individual representing the contractual authority of the firm.
- Outline of the approach you would use to pursue the overall fundraising goals.
- Outline an example timeline.
- Outline of proposed deliverables.
- Provide three (3) references for clients and contracts similar to scope of work in this document.
- Provide a schedule of fees.
- Provide a brief description of the firm participating in this proposal and its ownership structure. Indicate percentage ownership by women and minorities.
- Disclose any material agreements, relationships, or employment your firm or team members have that may create a conflict of interest or the appearance thereof.
The development committee of the Steering Committee will review and evaluate all responses to the Request for Bids. Staff may contact any or all respondents to clarify submitted information and/or to set up interviews. Firms will be notified in writing via electronic mail or letter once the committee has reviewed all materials and selected a candidate.
The committee reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to 1) reject any or all submittals when, in its opinion, it is determined to be in the public interest to do so, 2) waive minor informalities of a submittal, 3) cancel, revise, or extend this solicitation, 4) request additional information which the committee deems necessary. This Request for Proposals does not obligate the committee to pay any costs incurred by any respondent in the submission of proposal or in making necessary studies or design for the preparation thereof, or for procuring or contracting for the services to be furnished under this request for proposals.
SUBMITTAL DUE DATE: Friday, September 1, 2017 4:00 P.M. Central Standard Time
SUBMITTAL LOCATION: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or information related to this request should be directed to: Judd Slivka, Executive Director for Missouri State Parks Foundation