We’re Hiring: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Trailnet is looking for a communications professional to advance our work of making walking and biking a way of life in the St. Louis region. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will guide our communications and marketing strategy to tell our story of success in achieving our mission, while maintaining and strengthening the Trailnet message and brand.
Trailnet has a wide audience of 2,000 members and more than 19,000 constituents that follow and support our work. This position is highly collaborative, leading online, social media, print, PR, multimedia, and brand management initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Policy Manager, works closely with the leadership team, and coordinates communications with the program areas of rides, planning, and advocacy.
About the Organization
Trailnet is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization with a 33-year history making walking and biking a way of life in the St. Louis region. Trailnet achieves its mission through a variety of programs that get people moving and help the region build for better walking and biking
– Work with staff to manage Trailnet’s brand, messaging, and voice
– Oversee the development and release of all content for every department
– Create and deliver marketing and communications plans for various initiatives, events, and programs
– Consult with staff to create promotions and marketing materials/media for projects, programs, and events
– Lead the creation of web content across all social media platforms, website, and calendar events; monitor and maintain up-to-date and correct content on all platforms
– Produce and manage email communications, including a regular newsletter, and project-specific communications
– Carry out and track marketing fulfillment on all sponsorship agreements /contracts with the support of the Development Director, Rides Manager, and other staff
– Work with staff to strategize, schedule, and manage Trailnet’s social media
– Coordinate the production of Trailnet’s print and electronic collateral: fundraising materials, postcards, flyers, press packets, etc.
– Create public notices, social media and radio advertisements
– Organize and manage marketing materials and media; on-call monitoring of social media; track and document all media hits
– Provide copy editing and proofreading as needed
– Work tabling events as needed
– Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated commensurate experience
– 1 to 2 years of relevant experience preferred
– Must be highly computer literate with the ability to effectively use technology and social media marketing strategies
– Creative writing/marketing skills
– Strong copy editing skills
– Strong written and verbal communications skills
– Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, G-suite, and WordPress
– Organizational skills in scheduling and monitoring social media and contracted marketing activities and agreements
– Strong problem-solving skills
– Strong organizational and time management skills
– Self-motivated—able to work alone and as a member of a team
– Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment with a strong sense of prioritization
– Able to interact with a diverse community of staff, partners, participants, and volunteers
– Willingness to work some evenings and weekends throughout the year
– Graphic Design skills and visual / artistic skills are a plus
– Mailchimp or email CRM experience is a plus
– Proficiency in photography and videography is a plus
The position is full time (40hrs/ week with reduced work week available at 30 hrs) with a competitive benefit package including medical and dental insurance, salary is commensurate with experience, flexible hours, casual work environment, office located in downtown St. Louis, a short walk from MetroLink. A company car is available for some business-related local and regional travel. Free membership to the Downtown Bike Station. Salary range is $31,200- $34,093.
Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity
Trailnet is committed to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, and employment, as well as research and activities. We strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members including those based on race, color, creed, gender, faith background, culture, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. We work with a wide range of external partners and stakeholders, and we seek candidates that are committed to their own cultural competency. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.
Office Environment with work from home as the standard during the COVID-19 pandemic Dependable high-speed internet is required for frequent video calls via Zoom and Google
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator should have a presence at 15-20 outdoor events in the bistate region, including bike rides and community rides throughout Spring, Summer, and Fall. Barring COVID-19 restrictions on event schedule.
Fundraising and outreach events take place at a variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
Transport up to 25 lbs. of tabling or outreach materials to events
Work at a computer
Staff tables at outreach events
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.