Work with us: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Trailnet is looking for a communications professional to advance our work of making walking, biking and public transit a way of life in the St. Louis region. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will guide our communications and marketing strategy to tell our story of success in achieving our mission, while maintaining and strengthening the Trailnet message and brand.
Trailnet has a wide audience of 1,700 members and more than 19,000 passionate constituents that follow and support our work. This position is highly collaborative, leading online, social media, print, PR, multimedia, and brand management initiatives.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Policy Manager, works closely with the leadership team, and coordinates communications with the program areas of membership, rides, planning, and advocacy.
About the Organization
Trailnet is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization with a 33-year history making walking and biking a way of life in the St. Louis region. Trailnet achieves its mission through a variety of programs that get people moving and help the region build for better walking, biking, and transit.
We’re a small, dedicated team focused on serving the needs of people in our community by improving safety and access to walking, biking and transit. We hope to improve our transportation systems’ impact on: people’s personal health, our local environment and the global climate.
Content Development – (40% of time)
- Work with staff to manage Trailnet’s brand messaging, and voice
- Create and deliver communications plans for events, and programs
- Lead the creation of content across social media platforms, email campaigns, and website
- Consult with staff and contractors to create promotions and marketing materials/media for projects, programs, and events
- Produce and manage email communications, including a regular newsletter, and project-specific communications
- Provide copy editing and proofreading as needed
Social Media Management – (40% of time)
- Work with staff to strategize, schedule, and manage Trailnet’s social media
- Manage a budget for social media advertising
- Monitor online engagement and respond to questions from the public
- Review and maintain up-to-date content on all platforms
- Ensure Trailnet is appropriately acknowledging sponsors and funders
Event Support – (5-10% of time, depending on the season)
- Provide hands-on assistance at bike rides and fundraising events. This includes helping with setup, teardown, and providing customer service at events.
- Cover events for communications needs: take photos, interview participants, record video, livestream, etc.
- Engage with members of the public at in-person engagement events. Provide information on Trailnet’s mission and programs and answer questions or connect people with resources.
(Trailnet events and outreach include: 10-12 outdoor events in the bistate region, including distance bike rides and community rides throughout Spring, Summer, and Fall.)
Tracking, Reporting (less than 5% of time)
- Organize and manage marketing materials
- Develop monthly reports
- Track and document traditional media appearances
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with commensurate experience (preferred degree programs include: communications, marketing, journalism, business, English, social science and other liberal arts)
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Content development, copywriting
- Advertising and Marketing
- Social media management
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and website tools
- Proofreading and copywriting
- Organizational skills in planning social media and contracted marketing activities and agreements
- Self-motivation & problem solving —able to work alone and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced environment with a strong sense of prioritization
- Able to interact with a diverse community of staff, partners, participants, and volunteers
Preferred Skills and experience- these are all a plus
- Public Relations/ Media Relations
- Graphic Design
- Customer service
- Photography and videography
- WordPress experience
- Mailchimp or email CRM experience
Salary range is $33,000-40,000
This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position
The position is designed for full time 40hrs/week. However, we are open to the potential to arrange for a reduced work week (30 hrs/week), which would still include benefits.
Benefits include medical insurance and dental insurance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
New employees accrue 16 days of paid time off per year with 9 paid holidays.
Other benefits include flexible hours, a casual work environment, and an office located in downtown St. Louis, a short walk from MetroLink. A company car is available for some business-related local and regional travel. Free membership to the Downtown Bike Station.
Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity
Trailnet is committed to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, and employment, as well as research and activities. We strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members including those based on race, color, creed, gender, faith background, culture, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. We work with a wide range of external partners and stakeholders, and we seek candidates that are committed to their own cultural competency. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.
Office environment with work-from-home options and flexibility. For virtual work, a high-speed internet is required.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator should have a presence at 15-20 outdoor events in the bistate region, including bike rides and community rides throughout Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Fundraising and outreach events take place at a variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- Transport up to 25 lbs. of tabling or outreach materials to events
- Work at a computer
- Staff tables at outreach events
All employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For questions, email Kevin Hahn-Petruso: firstname.lastname@example.org