Join our team: Mobility Coordinator (part time)
About the Organization
Trailnet is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 organization with a 33-year history of advancing St. Louis as a place where walking, bicycling, and the use of public transit are a way of life. We work every day to make our region more sustainable by increasing active transportation options. If you share our mission and values, consider joining our team and help make St. Louis a premiere city for walking and biking
Come join Trailnet in its work to make St. Louis a better place to walk, bike, and use public transit! In the role of the Mobility Coordinator, you will create and coordinate Trailnet’s Education and Encouragement programming. The ideal candidate will be able to engage a wide and diverse audience in active transportation and bike riding whether in conjunction with a community, neighborhood, workplace, or university. The Mobility Coordinator works to address the needs of the population and provides the encouragement and education necessary to help people shift to a healthier more sustainable way of life. Major responsibilities include coordinating Bicycle Education Classes, Bike encouragement activities, building membership, multimodal commuting education, and community group rides.
Position is 20-30 hours a week, part-time and seasonal.
The Mobility Coordinator reports to the Director of Programs and coordinates with all team members.
The Mobility Coordinator will have primary responsibility for coordinating programs related to active commuting encouragement and education.
- Coordination and delivery of 10 Bicycle Maintenance Education Classes
- Coordination and logistics of 6 Bike Safety Rodeos/Adult Learn to Ride Events
- Coordination of 9 Try the Greenways / Connect Destinations Rides (45min out and 45min back greenway rides)
- Helping in the logistics planning and executing of 4-5 Community Rides 10-12 miles in length with community partners contributing to learning on two wheels experiences.
- Increasing public awareness of infrastructure improvements related to biking
- Working to address the problem of poor air quality in the City of St. Louis by promoting biking for transportation
- Promoting biking for transportation through social networks, partnerships, and events
- Providing education regarding cycling skills for a wide range of people
- Execute encouragement programming and evaluate impacts, help to develop concepts for 2023 Education Programs
- Help with strategic development and planning of programs to create safer streets for all.
- Coordination of logistics for Community Rides (day-of ride support, public safety support, vendors, bicycle shops, maps, etc.) (Event site logistics are part of the rides coordinator positions duties).
- Help with sponsor activation and fulfillment on the event.
- Support programming for Planning, Rides and Outreach.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in program development and evaluation 1- 2 yrs
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and or ArcGIS a plus
- Enthusiasm for and experience with bicycle commuting and transit
- Ability to ride a bike and lift 25 pounds
- Ability to have a flexible work schedule, with much of the work being after 5PM or on weekends
- Knowledge of St. Louis area biking and transit conditions
- Ability to manage multiple projects with multiple contacts and differing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and manage self and partners toward goals, while being a genuine “team player”
- Ability to engage with diverse populations in active commuting
- Ability to work in a fast moving environment, and ability to work with fast-paced colleagues
- Ability to lead by example
- Systems thinker who recognizes the relationship between transportation, land use, health, and urban planning a plus
Pay starts at $20 / hour, with stipend to attend League Cycling Instructor Training in a mutually agreed upon location
This is a part-time, seasonal position
The position is designed for part time work, no more than 30hrs/week.
Other benefits include flexible hours, a casual work environment, and an office located in downtown St. Louis, a short walk from MetroLink. A company car is available for some business-related local and regional travel. Free membership to the Downtown Bike Station.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Trailnet is committed to support diversity and equal opportunity in its services, administration, and employment, as well as research and activities. We strive to foster a working environment that values contributions from team members including those based on race, color, creed, gender, faith background, culture, sexual orientation, sexual identity, mental disabilities, physical disabilities, or veteran status. We work with a wide range of external partners and stakeholders, and we seek candidates that are committed to their own cultural competency. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are encouraged to apply.
Office environment with work-from-home options and flexibility. For virtual work, a high-speed internet is required.
The Mobility Coordinator should have a presence at 15-20 outdoor events in the bistate region, including community rides and education events throughout Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Transport up to 25 lbs. of education materials to events
- Work at a computer
- All employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, email Taylor March: email@example.com