2022 Quarter 1 Crash Report
For the second year, Trailnet is releasing quarterly Crash Reports, which compare the number of bicycle, pedestrian, and vehicular crashes over a three-month period to the same time period in the previous year. The first report examines crashes from January 2022 to March 2022.
When comparing January – March 2022 crashes to January – March 2021 crashes, there are a few trends worth noting.
- Total pedestrian crashes have slightly decreased in St. Louis City and County from 2021 to 2022
- Bike crashes in the City and County have increased in 2022
- Fatal car crashes in the City have doubled during this time period when compared to the same time period in 2021.
- 6 pedestrian crashes have already occurred on N. Grand in St. Louis City
- There have already been 4 pedestrian crashes along North Lindbergh in St. Louis County
- 3 people have already died in traffic crashes along Chambers Rd in St. Louis County