2021 LGBTQIA+ History Community Ride (self-guided)
March 12 - June 30
We’re kicking off our annual LGBTQIA+ ride early this year! So, come on out and explore St. Louis’ incredible legacy of LGBTQIA+ communities and experiences. Visit the sites of parades, community centers, activism, and more as you explore over 100 years of queer history. Be sure to check out the Missouri History Museums ongoing exhibition Gateway to Pride for more St. Louis LGBTQIA+ stories. It’s a wonderfully put-together virtual exhibit that you shouldn’t miss!
This is a repeat of last year’s LGBTQIA+ ride & scavenger hunt.
In order to preserve the health and safety of our partners and participants, this year’s LGBTQIA History group ride will not take place in standard fashion. Instead of the traditional group ride event, it will be a scavenger hunt that you can complete on your own!
The concept is simple. We build the scavenger hunt, you download the free app and join the game. The map and clues will direct you to the points of interest and offer information about the history and significance of that location. Please watch this quick video tutorial on how to get set up.
It’s no substitute for an actual group ride, but it still allows us to bring the history of our community to you and your bike. And there’s a bonus: You can ride, walk, roller skate or cartwheel the route! It’s up to you. Just have fun.
Mileage: 10-12 miles
Terrain: City streets
Price: Members: Free | Non-members: $10 online
What tools do I need to participate?
- Smartphone or Tablet
- TurfHunt app (android & IOS)
- Recommended: Portable charger, water, snack, handlebar mount for your phone
How does it work?
- Download TurfHunt for Android or IOS – It’s free!
- Open it up and tap “Redeem Invitation” at the bottom of your screen
- Enter the 6-digit invitation code, then press “redeem.”
- Note: Invitation code is available after registration.
- “Join Game” on the next page, then “Start Game” after it downloads the game content.
- Enter your name and email in the prompt, then tap “OK”
- Wait for “Start Game” to appear at the bottom of the screen (sometime this takes a second), then tap it. You’re in!
How do I play the game?
- Travel to each “?” pin on the TurfHunt map. Once you are close to the “treasure”, it will open it up.
- Continue to unlock “treasures” and travel to the next by navigating your way through the course as you see fit.
- Once you’ve found all the “treasures” you’ll receive a game over message.
- There’s no time limit, and no extra points for going fast. Take your time!
- The game will go offline at 9 pm, June 21.