The Downtown Bicycle Station offers secure 20-hour access and features over 120 bike racks, showers and locker rooms, and is ideal for bicyclists commuting to work or looking to exercise on their lunch break.
Location and Hours
1011 Locust Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
(Enter through alley between 10th and 11th Street)
How to Become a Member:
- Sign up and pay to be a member. Fill out and return the downloadable form, or sign up online below.
- Sign and return a Waiver of Liability to Trailnet
- Pick up your key fob and locker room code from Trailnet.
Pricing and Membership Benefits
- $150/Year for Trailnet, Partnership for Downtown St. Louis, or Citizens for Modern Transit member. $20 Application Fee waived.
- $150/Year + $20 Application Fee for non- Trailnet, Partnership for Downtown St. Louis, or Citizens for Modern Transit member.
- $20/Month for Trailnet, Partnership for Downtown St. Louis, or Citizens for Modern Transit member. $20 Application Fee waived.
- $20/Month + $20 Application Fee for non- Trailnet, Partnership for Downtown St. Louis or, Citizens for Modern Transit member.
- $5/Day . Must arrive and depart during Urban Shark’s open hours; must bring a photo-ID and observe Downtown Bicycle Station rules and regulations. (contact Urban Shark)
Purchasing memberships for your employees is a great way to support their health and the St. Louis community. Corporate Memberships include…
- 10 memberships for $1000 ($500 savings!)
- Introduction of the Downtown Bicycle Station for your staff members by Trailnet
- Name on the Downtown Bicycle Station website
If you’re interested in a Corporate Membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Benefits Include:
- 20 hour access to the Downtown Bicycle Station
- Locker access for daily use
- Key fob for secured entrance
- Locker room access with showers, hair dryer, bathrooms
- Bike repair from Urban Shark service on site (fees associated)
- 10% off of bicycle repair and 5% off bicycles at Urban Shark (certain items not included)
- Enrollment in Citizen for Modern Transit’s Guaranteed Ride Home Program (separate form required)
- Free air pump access
Trailnet’s mailing address and pick-up location:
411 North 10th Street, Suite 202
St. Louis, MO 63101
Carol Schmidt at email@example.com
Open: weekdays 9am-5pm
How can I check out the Downtown Bicycle Station? You are welcome to try out the Downtown Bicycle Station to find out if it works for you. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and request a free one-day pass. Bring a valid photo ID and register at Urban Shark during their normal business hours. Plan ahead for your bike commute as you will need a few moments to fill out paperwork and sign a waiver before you can use the Downtown Bicycle Station. NOTE: If you want to try out the station earlier than Urban Shark’s regular hours, contact Trailnet for alternate arrangements.
Do I bring my own lock? Yes. Locks are not provided for lockers or bike racks. If you forget your locks, you may rent them from Urban Shark.
What type of security should I expect? There is a 24-hour security camera at the facility. Only members have access through their key fob.
How much does it cost to replace a key fob? The cost to replace a lost key fob is $10.
How long can I leave my bike at the Downtown Bicycle Station? The Downtown Bicycle Station is not a storage facility for bicycles; it is secure bike parking for bike commuters. We do understand that you cannot always complete your commute due to weather, time, distance, etc. Therefore, you can leave your bike parked in the Downtown Bicycle Station for up to three days. If you need to leave your bike for longer than three days, contact Urban Shark at 314.881.0322.
Can my personal items be left in a locker overnight? No, personal items may not be stored in a locker for more than one day.
What if I want to end my membership? If you want to end your monthly membership, please contact email@example.com. Please provide 15 days notice. Your yearly membership is a one-year contract; therefore you can only end an annual membership after your contract is complete.
I forgot to pay for my monthly membership. How soon until my key fob is deactivated? If you do not pay for your monthly membership, you will have five days before your key fob is deactivated. Trailnet will give you an email warning and a phone call before deactivation occurs. For convenience, you may request enrollment in an automatic monthly payment program to have the monthly payment deducted from your checking account.
I want to renew my yearly membership; do I have to pay the $20 application fee again? If you are renewing your yearly membership, you do not have to pay another $20 application fee. If you end your month-to-month membership or yearly membership and then decide to rejoin, you will have to pay the application fee.
Who does this project belong to? The Downtown Bicycle Station is an initiative of the City of St. Louis, Missouri, done in collaboration with key partners and supporters. The project is funded in part by funds allocated by the US Department of Energy through the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. With these funds, the Downtown St. Louis Community Improvement District (CID) has the initial contract to manage the Downtown Bicycle Station. The CID has contracted with Trailnet for marketing and membership. The project would not have been possible without several additional generous contributions.
History of the Downtown Bicycle Station
In collaberation with the Partnership for Downtown St. Louis, Craig Heller, Big Shark, City of St. Louis Park Service, and the City of St. Louis, Trailnet helps operate the region’s first full-service bicycle station.
This project was funded in part by the City of St. Louis, Missouri, with funds allocated by the U.S. Department of Energy through the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
City of St. Louis, The Department of Energy (Recovery Act Funding), Great Rivers Greenway, Boeing, The William A. Kerr Foundation, Loft Works, Metro, Trailnet, US Bank, The Laclede Group, 4ORCE, Schlichter, Bogard & Denton, McGowan Brothers Development, Webster University