What to do if you’re involved in a car crash while riding your bike
1. Call the police – secure a police report; get a copy to check for accuracy.
2. Get names and contact info of any witnesses – don’t rely on anyone else to do this.
3. Get detailed info of the driver: make and model of the vehicle, license plate number, and insurance info.
4. Get a photo of scene and photos of your bike and injuries. Selfies are good to have to document the injury process.
5. Inventory damages: bike, glasses, helmet, clothes…whatever was damaged just to have it for later.
6. Get checked out by medical personnel, just to be sure you are okay.
7. Replace your helmet with a new one, even if there is no visible damage.