Bicycling Services Provided by Trailnet:Planning, Policy, Mapping, Community Development, TravelGreen Services, Training, Bike Valet, Safe Routes to School.
Downtown Bicycle Station: St. Louis region’s first full-service bike commuter facility.
Great Rivers Greenway: A Trailnet partner invested in the development of an interconnected system of greenways, parks and trails.
League of American Bicyclists: LAB is a non-profit organization with additional information on cycling education, the women’s cycling initiative, and Bike to Work month.
Missouri Bicycle and Pedestrian Federation: A statewide, not-for-profit, membership organization that advocates advancement of bicycling access, safety and education in Missouri.
Metro East Park and Recreation District: MEPRD is responsible for the development of trails and trail facilities in Madison County and St. Clair County, Illinois.
St. Louis Area Bike Shops: A comprehensive list of area shops and dealers.
Penrose Park Velodrome: A 50 year old tradition of track racing at the Penrose Velodrome.
STL Biking: Cycling information for St. Louis and the Midwest, including Forums, Events, For Sale and Photos.
Downtown Bicycle Station
In partnership with the Downtown Partnership, Craig Heller, Big Shark, City of St. Louis Park Service, and the City of St. Louis, Trailnet helps operate the region’s first full-service bicycle station. The Downtown Bicycle Station offers secure 20-hour access and features over 120 bike racks, showers and locker rooms, ideal for bicyclists commuting to work or looking to exercise on their lunch break. Other benefits include 10% off of bicycle repair and 5% off bicycles at the adjacent bicycle shop, Urban Shark.
Location: 1011 Locust Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
(Enter through alley between 10th and 11th Street)
- $150 for a yearly membership
- $20 for a monthly membership
- $20 application fee for membership
- Application fee WAIVED for Trailnet, Partnership for Downtown St. Louis and Citizens for Modern Transit members.
- $5 day-use membership (Must bring photo-ID and are subject to Downtown Bicycle Station rules and regulations)
Frequently asked Questions:
- Do I bring my own lock? Yes. Locks are not provided for lockers or bike racks. If you forget your locks, you may rent them from Urban Shark.
- What type of security should I expect? There is a 24-hour security camera at the facility. Only members have access through their key fob.
- How much does it cost to replace a key fob? The cost to replace a lost key fob is $10.
- How long can I leave my bike at the Downtown Bicycle Station? The Downtown Bicycle Station is not a storage facility for bicycles; it is secure bike parking for bike commuters. We do understand that you cannot always complete your commute due to weather, time, distance, etc. Therefore, you can leave your bike parked in the Downtown Bicycle Station for up to three days. If you need to leave your bike for longer than three days, contact Urban Shark at 314.881.0322.
- Can my personal items be left in a locker overnight? No, personal items may not be stored in a locker for more than one day.
St. Louis Bicycle Shops
- A&M Bicycles: St. Louis (Tower Grove)
- A1- Bicycle Sales: Kirkwood
- Alpine Shop: Kirkwood, Chesterfield
- BallwinCycles: Ballwin
- Bicycles of Kirkwood: Kirkwood
- Bicycle World: Belleville, IL
- BWorks: St. Louis (Soulard)
- Big Shark Bicycle Company: University City, Chesterfield, Downtown
- The Bike Center: Des Peres
- Bike Stop Cafe: St. Charles
- Bike Surgeon: Shiloh, IL
- Breese Bikes: Pontoon Beach, IL
- Cherokee Street Bikes: St. Louis (Cherokee Business District)
- Columbia Bicycle and Fitness Center: Columbia, IL
- Crystal City Cylery: Crystal City
- The Cyclery and Fitness Center: Edwardville, Centralia, IL
- Ferguson Bicycle Shop: Ferguson
- Grenada Cyclery: St. Peters
- The Hub Bicycle Company: Webster Groves
- LaBerta and Sons Cycles: St. Louis (Soulard) (Custom Frames)
- Maplewood Bicycle: Maplewood
- Mesa Cycles: Richmond Heights
- Mike’s Bikes: St. Louis (Central West End)
- Momentum Cycles: St. Charles, O’Fallon, St. Peters
- Old Town Fenton Cyclery: Fenton
- Outspoken Bicycle Repair: Edwardsville, IL
- Peloton Cyclery: St. Charles
- PT Mobile’s Bicycle Shop: Belleville, IL
- Randy’s Recycled Cycles: St. Louis (The Grove)
- Recycled Cycles: University City
- REI: Brentwood
- Revolution Cycles: Washington, MO
- South Side/ South County Cyclery: St. Louis (Boulevard Heights, Green Park)
- Sunset Cyclery: Sunset Hills
- Swim Bike Run: Town and Country
- The Touring Cyclist: Bridgeton
- Trailblazer Bikes: Florissant
- Trek Bicycle Store of St. Louis: Arnold, Ballwin
- West County Cycles: Ellisville
- Wild Trak Bikes: Alton, IL